New-Banner

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Elvis is dead. No really. It's true



So Elvis has been dead for 29 years as of yesterday (which I attempted to post then). And despite how long Elvis has been dead, he still has an enormous following and a popularity that still can't be matched today! Thousands of people held a vigil for him near Graceland yesterday. Thousands! After being in the grave for nearly 30 years.

Just last month, Forbes Magazine named him the richest dead celebrity, with Elvis cashing in at $52 million in earnings.

I like Elvis. Even though I was first born 5 months after his death. I think his voice is phenomanal...and his music is ageless. But even at 28, I'm an older fan...the King still has a HUGE following that will probably never be matched.

Am I the only person under 50 that thinks Elvis was just the most handsome thing ever in his younger years? Even though it was incredibly geeky and gives the younger generation something to give our mother crap for....I understand why they bawled, screamed, and swooned over Elvis.

Long live the King!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home